Families will find kid-friendly activities in Horley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and art. Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden and Chessington World of Adventures are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Horley
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24.1 mi (38.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Horley
A favourite place to visit in the city is Gatwick Aviation Museum. In the area, you'll also find Chartwell and Sheffield Park Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Horley. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Trumbles - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a bar and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Villa Verde Gatwick - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this 3.5-star hotel include free WiFi and parking.
- Langshott Manor - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to visit in the area include Chessington World of Adventures, 14 mi/22.6 km from the heart of the city, and Selhurst Park Stadium, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Getting around Horley
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Horley Station. Horley might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Horley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Horley gets about 735.20 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C