Families will find kid-friendly activities in Copthorne, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and countryside, this city will delight tourists with its sporting events, gardens and cafes. Sheffield Park Garden, Chartwell and Lingfield Park Racecourse and Golf Club are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Copthorne
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 26.1 mi (42 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Copthorne
A favourite place to visit in the city is Effingham Park Golf Course. Additionally, in the area you'll find Sheffield Park Garden and Chartwell.
This is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Copthorne Hotel London Gatwick - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a health club, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Lingfield Park Racecourse and Golf Club, 5.1 mi/8.2 km from the city centre, and Ashdown Forest, which is 8.1 mi (13.1 km) away.
Dressing for Copthorne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Copthorne gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C