Visiting East Grinstead
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in East Grinstead, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and cocktail bars. Sheffield Park Garden, Chartwell and Ightham Mote are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in East Grinstead
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 27.4 mi (44 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Grinstead
Cultural venues in the city include Standen, Sackville College and Priest House. The city is notable for landmarks like St Swithun's Church, St. Margaret's Church and Hammerwood Park. Additionally, you might want to add Stone Farm Rocks to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in East Grinstead. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Felbridge - Gatwick - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
- The Gurkha at Woodcock Inn - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this inn. Amenities at this 3-star inn include a restaurant and free parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Sheffield Park Garden, 7.8 mi/12.5 km from the heart of the city, and Chartwell, which is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) away.
Getting around East Grinstead
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at East Grinstead Station. East Grinstead might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for East Grinstead
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 735.20 millimetres of rain falls on East Grinstead each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C