Visiting Hayling Island
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Hayling Island, which is also known for its bars and spas. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard and Spinnaker Tower.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Hayling Island
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Hayling Island
Attractions like CBK Hayling Island and Funland Hayling Island are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural beauty is on display at Chichester Harbour, Hayling Island West Beach and Beachlands Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sparkes Marina and Northney Marina.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Hayling Island. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Langstone Quays - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and overall value.
- The Newtown House Hotel - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Gunwharf Quays, 5.5 mi/8.9 km from the city centre, and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, which is 5.7 mi/9.2 km away.
Dressing for Hayling Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 785.80 millimetres of rain falls on Hayling Island each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C