Visitors to Fareham are sure to enjoy the spas, bars and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theatres. Top sights around the area include Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, Spinnaker Tower and Gunwharf Quays.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Fareham
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 9.7 mi (15.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 29 mi (46.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fareham
Cultural venues in the city include Royal Armouries Fort Nelson, Ashcroft Arts Centre and Westbury Manor Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Portchester Castle, Titchfield Abbey, and Fort Fareham. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Wickham Park Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fareham. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Trafalgar Guest House - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Lodge at Solent - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this lodge. This 4-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Solent Hotel and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, 5.7 mi/9.2 km from the heart of the city, and Spinnaker Tower, which is 5.9 mi (9.5 km) away.
Getting around Fareham
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Fareham is simple. To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Fareham Station or Fareham Portchester Station. You can catch a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Fareham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 27 millimetres of rain falls on Fareham each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C