Search Hotels in Franconia
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 11 Aug 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Franconia
Würzburg City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(13 area reviews)
Würzburg City Centre is noteworthy for its historical sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Wuerzburg Residence and Wurzburger Cathedral.
Nuremberg Old Town
4.5/5Wonderful!(58 area reviews)
Historical sites, museums and shopping highlight some notable features of Nuremberg Old Town. Make a stop by Nuremberg Castle or Frauenkirche while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Lawrence Church U-Bahn or Opernhaus U-Bahn to get around town.
4/5Very Good!(87 area reviews)
Noted for its historical sites and museums, there's plenty to explore in Mitte. Top attractions like Nuremberg Castle and Meistersinger Hall are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Opernhaus U-Bahn or Lawrence Church U-Bahn to see more of the city.
Altstadt - Sankt Sebald
While you're in Altstadt - Sankt Sebald, take in top sights like Nuremberg Castle and jump on the metro at Rathenauplatz U-Bahn to see more of the city.
While you're in Dutzendteich, take in top sights like NürnbergMesse and jump on the metro at Messe U-Bahn to see more of the city.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Franconia, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, shopping and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, breweries and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Michaelsberg Monastery, Old Palace and New Residence.
- There are 1471 hotels and other accommodation options in Franconia
- The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 31.7 mi (51 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Franconia
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include German National Museum, Deutsche Bahn Railway Museum and Margrave's Opera House. Attractions like Playmobil FunPark, Nuremberg Zoo and Freizeit-Land Geiselwind are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Michaelsberg Monastery, Old Palace and New Residence.
In Rothenburg ob der Tauber, there are 1471 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Drei Raben - This 4-star hotel in Nuremberg Old Town features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Melter Hotel & Apartments - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Nuremberg Old Town features a restaurant, free WiFi and a health club.
- Franconia City Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Nuremberg Old Town features free WiFi and parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Franconia include Bamberg Cathedral, Nuremberg Palace of Justice and Nuremberg Castle.
Getting around Franconia
With so many ways to get around, seeing Franconia is easy. Nearby metro stations include Altendorf Buttenheim Station, Forchheim Kersbach Station and Baiersdorf S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Oberhaid Station, Ebelsbach-Eltmann Station or Hallstadt (b Bamberg) Station.
Dressing for Franconia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Franconia is 704.40 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C