Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Erlangen has to offer including the theatres, festivals and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and churches. Nuremberg Palace of Justice, Nuremberg Castle and St. Sebaldus Church are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodation options in Erlangen
- The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Erlangen
Cultural venues in the city include Museum im Amtshausschupfla, Kunstmuseum Erlangen and Kunstpalais Erlangen. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Erlangen is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Erlangen Botanical Garden and Schlossgarten.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Erlangen. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Zeitwohnhaus Suite Hotel & Serviced Apartments - This 3-star hotel in Middle Franconia features free WiFi, a 24-hour business centre and a coffee shop. Expedia travellers love its overall value and spacious, comfortable rooms.
- Gäste- und Boardinghaus Klara Birnbaum - Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Middle Franconia can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour business centre, along with free WiFi.
- Creativhotel Luise - This 3.5-star hotel in Middle Franconia features a full-service spa, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Nuremberg Palace of Justice, 9.4 mi/15.1 km from the city centre, and Nuremberg Castle, which is 9.7 mi (15.5 km) away.
Getting around Erlangen
With so many ways to get around, exploring Erlangen is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transport at Erlangen Paul-Gossen-Straße S-Bahn, Erlangen-Bruck S-Bahn and Eltersdorf S-Bahn. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Erlangen Station.
Dressing for Erlangen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Erlangen gets about 704.40 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Erlangen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Erlangen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Erlangen?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Erlangen?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Erlangen?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Erlangen?
Erlangen Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Erlangen by Star Rating
- Hotels near Erlangen Airports
- Accommodation near Erlangen Attractions
- More accommodation types in Erlangen
- Choose Your Erlangen Hotel Style
- Search Erlangen Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Erlangen
- Hotels Near Erlangen, Bavaria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends