Hotels in Bamberg, Germany
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Bamberg are sure to enjoy the breweries and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums and festivals. Top sights in the city include Bamberg Cathedral, New Residence and Old Palace.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Bamberg
- The closest major airport is in Nuremberg (NUE-Nuremberg Airport), 28.9 mi (46.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bamberg
Cultural venues in the city include Brose Arena, E.T.A. Hoffmann Haus and Concert Hall Bamberg. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Bamberg Cathedral, New Residence, and Old Palace. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Bamberg is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Bamberg. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Tandem - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Hotel Bamberg - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Nepomuk - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other top sights in Bamberg include Michaelsberg Monastery.
Getting around Bamberg
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Bamberg Station. Bamberg may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bamberg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- About 704.40 millimetres of rain falls on Bamberg each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Bamberg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Bamberg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Bamberg?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Bamberg?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Bamberg?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Bamberg?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Bamberg?
What's the best boutique hotel in Bamberg?
What's the best accommodation in Bamberg to learn about local history?
Bamberg Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Bamberg by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bamberg Airports
- Accommodation near Bamberg Attractions
- More accommodation types in Bamberg
- Choose Your Bamberg Hotel Style
- Search Bamberg Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Bamberg
- Hotels Near Bamberg, Bavaria
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends