Visitors can enjoy all that Cumberland has to offer including the rivers, live music and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its ski areas. Around the area, top sights include Twin River Casino, Rhode Island State Capitol Building and Kennedy Plaza.
- You'll find 120 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Providence
- The closest major airport is in Pawtucket, RI (SFZ-North Central State), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Providence, RI (PVD-T.F. Green), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cumberland
A favourite place to visit in the city is Blackstone River Theatre. In the area, you'll also find Twin River Casino and Rhode Island State Capitol Building.
As you start planning your visit to Cumberland, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 59 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Private Apartment: 1 Bedroom w/ Brand new Kitchen is located 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the heart of Cumberland. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Providence can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Entire Private 2 Bedroom Apartment is 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from central Cumberland. This 4-star hotel in Providence features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness centre and a coffee shop. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Omni Providence Hotel is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the centre of Cumberland. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Norwood can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Kennedy Plaza, 10.1 mi/16.3 km from the city centre, and Gillette Stadium, which is 11.6 mi (18.7 km) away.
Dressing for Cumberland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of -5°C
- Cumberland gets about 41 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C