Visitors can enjoy all that Cheddar has to offer including the coffee shops, gardens and temples. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves and Wells Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Cheddar
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cheddar
A couple of favourite places to visit are Cheddar Gorge and Cheddar Crazy Golf. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wookey Hole Caves and Wells Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Cheddar. This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Nyland Manor - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include Glastonbury Abbey, located 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre, and Clevedon Court, which is 12.5 mi/20 km away.
Dressing for Cheddar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Cheddar is 30 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C