Visitors to Axbridge are sure to enjoy the sporting events, restaurants and spas. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves and Wells Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Axbridge
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 22 mi (35.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Axbridge
Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole Caves and Wells Cathedral are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Clevedon Court and Glastonbury Abbey.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Axbridge. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Mount Pleasant Farm Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Parsonage - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Oakhouse Hotel - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Top places to see in the area include Clifton Suspension Bridge, located 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city centre, and SS Great Britain, which is 16.2 mi/26.1 km away.
Dressing for Axbridge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Axbridge gets about 879.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C