Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Carnforth, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, entertainment and spas. Relaxing and welcoming, this lakefront city will also delight visitors with its bars, shopping and sporting events.
- There are 14 Carnforth hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 58.6 mi (94.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Carnforth
- A marina is a top activity, and Regent Park Studios is a great place to visit
- Carnforth Station Heritage Centre and The Wolfhouse are popular cultural attractions
- Popular family attractions include Docker Park Farm, Cinderbarrow Miniature Railway, and The Hawk Garden
- Notable landmarks include Leighton Hall, Ribblehead Viaduct, Carnforth, England, United Kingdom, and Force Gill Aqueduct, Carnforth, England, United Kingdom
- The lakes and countryside highlight the natural beauty, and The Ingleton Waterfalls Trail, White Scar Cave, and White Scar Caves are several places worth visiting
Getting around Carnforth
With transport options aplenty, getting around Carnforth is easy. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Carnforth Station, Carnforth Silverdale Station or Carnforth Arnside Station. You can explore your options for water transport at the marina.
Staying in Carnforth
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Pine Lake Resort by Diamond Resorts.
Seeking a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may enjoy these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Tewitfield Marina
- Pheasant Inn
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Tewitfield Marina with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating, whereas Pine Lake Resort by Diamond Resorts and Pheasant Inn are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Carnforth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Carnforth each year