Visiting Kirkby Lonsdale
Visitors to Kirkby Lonsdale are sure to enjoy the bars and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and rivers. Top sights around the area include Lake Windermere, Yorkshire Dales National Park and The Ingleton Waterfalls Trail. In Kirkby Lonsdale, there are 27 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kirkby Lonsdale
A favourite place to visit in the city is Yorkshire Dales National Park. In the area, you'll also find Lake Windermere and The Ingleton Waterfalls Trail.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Kirkby Lonsdale. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Royal Hotel - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a restaurant and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- The Snooty Fox - Inn - Our customers like the dining options and clean, quiet rooms at this inn. Amenities at this 3.5-star inn include a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Copper Kettle - This 2-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Cartmel Racecourse, located 14.6 mi (23.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Kirkby Lonsdale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kirkby Lonsdale is 627.10 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C