Search Carmel Hotels, Monterey
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 29 Nov 2020
Where to stay in Carmel
5/5Exceptional!(11 area reviews)
While visiting Golden Rectangle, you might make a stop by sights like Carmel Beach and Sunset Center.
5/5Exceptional!(1 area review)
If you're spending some time in Carmel Point, Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica are top sights worth seeing.
When in Southeast Carmel, you can plan a visit to Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica, some noteworthy sights in the nearby area.
Rancho Rio Vista
While Rancho Rio Vista isn't home to many top sights, Carmel Beach and Carmel Mission Basilica are some notable places to visit nearby.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Carmel, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and shopping. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its art. Top sights in the city include Carmel Beach, 17-Mile Drive and Point Lobos State Reserve.
- You'll find 457 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carmel
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Sunset Center, Golden Bough Playhouse and Forest Theater Guild. The city is notable for landmarks like 17-Mile Drive, Bixby Bridge and Carmel Mission Basilica. The the sea and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Carmel Beach, Point Lobos State Reserve and Carmel River State Beach.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Pebble Beach Golf Links, 1.9 mi/3 km from the city centre, and Lone Cypress Pine, which is 2.6 mi (4.1 km) away.
Dressing for Carmel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- About 520 millimetres of rain falls on Carmel each year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Carmel?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Carmel, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Carmel?
What's the best place to stay for families in Carmel?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Carmel?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Carmel?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Carmel?
What's the best high-end hotel in Carmel?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Carmel?
Carmel Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Carmel by Star Rating
- Hotels near Carmel Airports
- Areas of Carmel
- Accommodation near Carmel Attractions
- More accommodation types in Carmel
- Choose Your Carmel Hotel Style
- Search Carmel Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Carmel
- Hotels Near Carmel, Monterey
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends