Search Hotels in Santa Cruz
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Visiting Santa Cruz
Travellers to Santa Cruz give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events and entertainment choices. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Top sights in the city include Mystery Spot, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Main Beach.
- There are 242 hotels and other accommodation options in Santa Cruz
- The closest major airport is in Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal), 19.3 mi (31 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose, CA (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Cruz
Cultural venues in the city include Santa Cruz Surfing Museum, Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History and Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center. Attractions like Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and Roaring Camp Railroads are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Mystery Spot, Mission Santa Cruz and Town Clock.
Other favourite sights in Santa Cruz include Main Beach, Natural Bridges State Park and Monterey Bay. Popular places to visit outside the city include Winchester Mystery House, 19 mi/30.6 km from the city centre, and Westfield Valley Fair Shopping Mall, which is 19.4 mi (31.3 km) away.
Dressing for Santa Cruz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 1268 millimetres of rain falls on Santa Cruz each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Santa Cruz?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Santa Cruz, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Santa Cruz?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Santa Cruz?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Santa Cruz?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Santa Cruz?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Santa Cruz?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Santa Cruz?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Santa Cruz by Star Rating
- Hotels near Santa Cruz Airports
- Areas of Santa Cruz
- Accommodation near Santa Cruz Attractions
- More accommodation types in Santa Cruz
- Choose Your Santa Cruz Hotel Style
- Search Santa Cruz Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Santa Cruz
- Hotels Near Santa Cruz, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends