Search Salinas Hotels, Monterey
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 28 Aug 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 30 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 21 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 24 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 3 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 24 Jun 2019
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Salinas, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, aquarium and cafes. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Dennis the Menace Park and Fisherman's Wharf are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 453 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salinas
Cultural venues in the city include National Steinbeck Center, Aguila Cultural Center and Salinas Valley Model Railroad Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like The Farm, Steinbeck House and First Mayor's House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Monterey Bay, Marina State Beach and Toro County Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 29 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Salinas. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salinas - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Laurel Inn Motel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Salinas Monterey - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, located 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Dennis the Menace Park, which is 13.9 mi/22.3 km away.
Getting around Salinas
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Salinas Station. Salinas might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Salinas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- About 378 millimetres of rain falls on Salinas each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Salinas?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Salinas, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Salinas?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Salinas?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Salinas?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Salinas?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Salinas?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Salinas?
Salinas Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Salinas by Star Rating
- Hotels near Salinas Airports
- Accommodation near Salinas Attractions
- More accommodation types in Salinas
- Choose Your Salinas Hotel Style
- Search Salinas Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Salinas
- Hotels Near Salinas, Monterey
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends