Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 2 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 6 Oct 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gilroy, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens, festivals and cafes. Top sights in the city include Gilroy Premium Outlets and Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Gilroy
- The closest major airport is in Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gilroy
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Las Animas Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gilroy Premium Outlets is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park and Eagle Ridge Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gilroy. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- King's Rest Motel - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Forest Park Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Gilroy - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Lick Observatory, located 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city centre, and Mystery Spot, which is 24.5 mi/39.4 km away.
Getting around Gilroy
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Gilroy Station. Gilroy might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gilroy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 20°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 393.80 millimetres of rain falls on Gilroy each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gilroy?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gilroy, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Gilroy?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Gilroy?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Gilroy?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Gilroy?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Gilroy?
Gilroy Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gilroy by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gilroy Airports
- Accommodation near Gilroy Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gilroy
- Choose Your Gilroy Hotel Style
- Search Gilroy Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gilroy
- Hotels Near Gilroy, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends