Visitors to Calafell are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, monuments and shopping. A top sight in the area is Sitges Beachfront.
- There are 200 hotels and other accommodation options in Calafell
- The closest major airport is in Reus (REU), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 26.1 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Calafell
Notable city landmarks like Santa Creu Castle and Ciutadella Iberica might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Calafell Beach and El Vendrell Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Calafell Slide and La Graiera Golf Club.
In El Vendrell, you can choose from 200 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Antiga - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- Hostal Lleida - This 2-star pension features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and a poolside bar.
- Hotel Sant Jordi - With a stay at this 1-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a poolside bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Sitges Beachfront, 11 mi/17.7 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Calafell
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Segur de Calafell Station or Calafell Station. Calafell may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Calafell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- About 18 millimetres of rain falls on Calafell each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 6°C