Visiting El Vendrell
Visitors to El Vendrell are sure to enjoy the spas and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries, golf courses and bars. Around the area, top sights include Tarragona Cathedral, National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona and Tarragona Amphitheatre.
- There are 79 hotels and other accommodation options in El Vendrell
- The closest major airport is in Reus (REU), 20.5 mi (32.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in El Vendrell
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as El Vendrell Beach and Playa De Coma-ruga. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pau Casals Museum and Golf El Vendrell Pitch & Putt.
In Calafell, you can choose from 79 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Evenia Platja Mar - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a coffee shop. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Ohtels San Salvador - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony.
- 4R Gran Europe - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Popular places to see outside the city include Tarragona Cathedral, located 16 mi (25.8 km) from the city centre, and National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona, which is 16.1 mi/25.9 km away.
Getting around El Vendrell
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from El Vendrell Station, Vendrell Station or El Vendrell Sant Vicenc de Calders Station. El Vendrell may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for El Vendrell
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for El Vendrell is 18 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C