Visitors to Altafulla are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and beaches. Around the area, top sights include Tarragona Cathedral, National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona and Tarragona Amphitheatre.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Altafulla
- The closest major airport is in Reus (REU), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 37.7 mi (60.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altafulla
Favourite places to visit in the city include Altafulla Beach, Karting Altafulla and Dels Munts Roman Villa. In the area, you'll also find Tarragona Cathedral and National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Altafulla. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Altafulla Mar Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Gran Claustre Restaurant & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Tarragona Amphitheatre, located 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Roman Circus, which is 6.8 mi (11 km) away.
Getting around Altafulla
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Altafulla Tamarit Station. Altafulla may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Altafulla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Altafulla is 18 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 6°C