Visiting Bowen Island
Guests will want to experience the island, hiking and kayaking in Bowen Island. This lakefront city also attracts visitors with its forests, sunny weather and horseback riding.
- There are 4 Bowen Island hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 15.3 mi (24.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Bowen Island
- Kayaking, horseback riding and taking a ferry are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain, and Langdale Ferry Terminal
- Coastal Patterns Gallery and Bowen Island Historians Museum are popular cultural attractions
- The island, hiking trails and forests highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Crippen Park, Dorman Point, and Stanley Park
Getting around Bowen Island
Bowen Island has plenty of options for transport. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local marina.
Staying in Bowen Island
You may appreciate one of these top-rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Alderwood Cottage & Suite - Bowen Island
- On the Sea B&B on Bowen Island
Alderwood Cottage & Suite - Bowen Island, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also On the Sea B&B on Bowen Island has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Bowen Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Bowen Island is 40 millimetres