Visiting Lions Bay
Visitors to Lions Bay are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 943 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Vancouver
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lions Bay
Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Stanley Park and Vancouver Aquarium.
As you plan your holiday to Lions Bay, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 37 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- River Rock Casino Resort is located 19 mi (30.6 km) from the heart of Lions Bay. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Richmond can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from central Lions Bay. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Vancouver can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Pan Pacific Vancouver is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the centre of Lions Bay. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Vancouver can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Robson Street, located 13 mi (20.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Vancouver Convention Centre, which is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away.
Dressing for Lions Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Lions Bay gets about 40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 0°C