Search Hotels in Borromean Islands
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 26 Jul 2018
Visiting Borromean Islands
Visitors to Borromean Islands are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and monuments. Top sights in the city include Borromeo Plaza, Isola Bella Botanical Garden and Lake Maggiore.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Borromean Islands
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 21 mi (33.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Borromean Islands
Notable city landmarks like Borromeo Plaza and Church of San Vittore might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Isola Bella Botanical Garden, Lake Maggiore and Isola Bella. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Borromeo Palace and Garden and Isola Madre Botanical Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Borromean Islands. Below is a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Belvedere - This 3-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Villa Taranto Botanical Garden, 2.2 mi/3.5 km from the heart of the city, and Lake Orta, which is 8.7 mi/14.1 km away.
Dressing for Borromean Islands
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- About 962.30 millimetres of rain falls on Borromean Islands each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Borromean Islands by Star Rating
- Accommodation near Borromean Islands Attractions
- More accommodation types in Borromean Islands
- Choose Your Borromean Islands Hotel Style
- Search Borromean Islands Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Borromean Islands
- Hotels Near Borromean Islands, Piedmont
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends