Search Hotels in Stresa
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travellers to Stresa give high marks for the beautiful gardens and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Borromeo Plaza and Lake Maggiore.
- There are 122 hotels and other accommodation options in Stresa
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stresa
The city is notable for landmarks like Borromeo Plaza, Villa Ducale and Church of San Vittore. The gardens and lakes highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Maggiore, Borromeo Palace and Garden and Isola Bella. Boating is just one of the top activities, while Stresa Ferry Terminal and Carciano Ferry Terminal are sights to visit.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Isola Bella Botanical Garden, located 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Villa Taranto Botanical Garden, which is 3 mi (4.8 km) away.
Getting around Stresa
With so many choices for transport, seeing all of Stresa is simple. To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Stresa Station. You can take a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Stresa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Stresa gets about 958 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C