History buffs will enjoy a visit to Arona and visitors are sure to appreciate the monuments and museums. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, lakefront city can discover its restaurants, bars, and live music.
- There are 9 Arona hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Milan (MXP-Malpensa Intl.), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Arona
- Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Arona Ferry Terminal, Angera Ferry Terminal, and Porto Valtravaglia Ferry Terminal are favourite sights to visit
- Known for its live music, museums, and jazz, including cultural attractions such as Ogliari European Transport Museum, Gottard Park Museum, and Rubinetto Museum
- Popular attractions include Isola Bella Botanical Garden and Villa Taranto Botanical Garden
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks to visit include Sancarlone Statue, La Rocca Castle, and Villa Ponti
Getting around Arona
With transportation options aplenty, seeing Arona is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Arona Station. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Arona
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Arona has 9 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 54 to GBP 93 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Hotel Michelangelo, averaging GBP 99.43/night
- Spagna, averaging GBP 67.93/night
Hotel Michelangelo, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.1 out of 5 user rating. Also Spagna has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Arona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the nighttime average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July through September averages 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- About 958 millimetres of rain falls on Arona each year