Visitors can enjoy all that Bala has to offer including the lakeside setting and mountain views. The cosy and cultural setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Lake Vyrnwy and Harlech Castle.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodation options in Bala
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 45 mi (72.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bala
A couple of favourite places to visit are Bala Lake Railway Interpretive Centre and Caerau Uchaf Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Lake Vyrnwy and Harlech Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Bala. This is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Pen Isar Llan - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Top places to see in the area include Mount Snowdon, located 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from the city centre, and Barmouth Beach, which is 20.7 mi/33.4 km away.
Dressing for Bala
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Bala gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C