Search Hotels in Altstadt, Salzburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Top Trending Hotels Near Altstadt, Salzburg
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Jul 2018
Reviewed on 2 Jan 2020
Altstadt is an historic neighbourhood known for its major shopping area. Here you'll find plenty to visit, including Salzburg Museum, Salzburg Cathedral and Mozart's Birthplace. Altstadt is a great base for exploring the greater Salzburg area, especially with so many hotels to choose from.
Staying in Altstadt
You’ll find several accommodation choices in this walkable neighbourhood, and you may want to consider one of these top places to stay:
- Hotel Goldener Hirsch, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Salzburg: 5-star hotel with 2 restaurants, a bar/lounge and free WiFi, steps from Mozart's Birthplace. Our guests enjoy the hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Arthotel Blaue Gans: 4-star hotel with free breakfast, a restaurant and a bar/lounge, steps from Mozart's Birthplace. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Hotel Goldgasse: 4-star hotel with a restaurant and free WiFi, steps from Salzburg Cathedral. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its spacious rooms and breakfast.
Altstadt might not have your top place to stay, but there are other accommodation options to consider in Salzburg. City Centre Salzburg is a neighbourhood known for its major shopping area, interesting historical sites and array of dining options. This neighbourhood is home to 39 hotels and other accommodation options including these top choices:
- Schloss Mönchstein Hotel: 5-star hotel featuring free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Our guests enjoy the hotel's spacious rooms and central location.
- Hotel Sacher Salzburg: 5-star hotel with 3 restaurants, a fitness centre and a bar/lounge, steps from Mozart's Birthplace. Expedia travellers like this hotel's comfortable rooms and central location.
- Hotel & Villa Auersperg: 4-star hotel with free breakfast, a bar/lounge and a sauna, 7-minute walk from Mirabell Palace and Gardens. Our guests rate this hotel highly for its spacious rooms and central location.
Some landmarks in Altstadt that you won't want to miss include Salzburg Cathedral, Fortress Hohensalzburg and St. Francis Church. Salzburg Museum and Mozart's Birthplace are a also couple of sights to visit when you're in the neighbourhood.
You’ll likely want to explore some other parts of town while you’re here, so consider a visit to City Centre Salzburg, a nearby neighbourhood with top sights like Mirabell Palace and Gardens. Mirabell Gardens, Salzburg Baroque Museum and Mozarteum University of Salzburg are a few other places worth a visit while you're in Salzburg.