Search Hotels in Aix-les-Bains
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 29 Jul 2020
Visitors to Aix-les-Bains are sure to enjoy the skiing, mountain views and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its casinos. Top sights in the city include Abbaye d'Hautecombe, Elephants Fountain and Chateau de Chambery.
- There are 235 hotels and other accommodation options in Aix-les-Bains
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 36.3 mi (58.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aix-les-Bains
Cultural venues in the city include Musee des Charmettes, Faure Museum and Espace Malraux. The city is notable for landmarks like Abbaye d'Hautecombe, Elephants Fountain and Chateau de Chambery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: Chartreuse National Park, Lake Bourget and Lac d'Aiguebelette.
Other top sights in Aix-les-Bains include Carre Curial. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Montrottier Castle, located 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Lake Annecy, which is 17 mi (27.3 km) away.
Getting around Aix-les-Bains
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Aix-les-Bains Station, Grésy-sur-Aix Station or Viviers du Lac Station. Aix-les-Bains may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Aix-les-Bains
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -1°C at night
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Aix-les-Bains each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Aix-les-Bains?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Aix-les-Bains, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best hotel if you'd like to visit the local casinos in Aix-les-Bains?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Aix-les-Bains?
What are some hotels with pools in Aix-les-Bains?
Aix-les-Bains Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Aix-les-Bains by Star Rating
- Hotels near Aix-les-Bains Airports
- Areas of Aix-les-Bains
- Accommodation near Aix-les-Bains Attractions
- More accommodation types in Aix-les-Bains
- Choose Your Aix-les-Bains Hotel Style
- Search Aix-les-Bains Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Aix-les-Bains
- Hotels Near Aix-les-Bains, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends