History buffs enjoy visiting Chambery though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Elephants Fountain, Chateau de Chambery and Carre Curial.
- You'll find 235 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Aix-les-Bains
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 31.9 mi (51.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chambery
The city's cultural venues include Musee des Charmettes and Espace Malraux. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Elephants Fountain, Chateau de Chambery, and Carre Curial. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chamnord Shopping Center and Parc des Loisirs de Buisson Rond.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Chambery. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Petit Hôtel Confidentiel - This 5-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Le Chateau De Candie - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- Hôtel Le Cinq Hyper Centre Ville - This 4-star hotel features an indoor pool, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Top places to see in the area include Chartreuse National Park, located 13 mi (21 km) from the city centre, and Abbaye d'Hautecombe, which is 13.4 mi/21.6 km away.
Getting around Chambery
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Chambéry-Challes-les-Eaux Station. Chambery might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chambery
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Chambery is 30 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -1°C