"The Portobello House Hotel was Wonderful."
* We ate breakfast everyday in the hotel before heading out to experience London. The hotel offered coffee, tea, orange juice, blueberry muffins, bread-toast, pancakes, jams, yogurt. They would make you a hot breakfast too, if you wanted, eggs, etc.
* Our room was supplied with new bottled water, coffee, shampoos & cream rinse, "happy". We were given fresh towels, the bathroom was cleaned everyday too.
* The hotel offers a wonderful menu for dining, great bar area too, nice fireplace with table and chairs to sit around and enjoy drinks and food. You can sit outside along the restaurant or on a small patio with an umbrella upstairs off of the 2nd floor.
* I liked the Portobello House Hotel for several reasons:
I like the idea of a hotel restaurant-bar "feel".
I like the idea of the hotel being located in a neighborhood.
I wanted the experience of "living there".
* We went to the local grocery store, other restaurants and other local pubs in the neighborhood, all in walking distance. The "Tube" station is about two blocks from the hotel, so you can travel anywhere in London Very Easily on the underground subway.
* The Portobello House is 2 - 3 blocks from the Portobello Road Shops. There are many shops from new to old treasures. On Saturdays is the Antique Market, with many antique dealers and lots of food markets, with fresh fruits & vegetables. All sorts of brick-brac, odds-and-ins.
Traveller from St. Augustine, Florida