Visiting Yosemite National Park
Visitors to Yosemite National Park are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfalls. Top sights in the city include Vernal Falls, Glacier Point and Yosemite Falls.
- There are 157 hotels and other accommodation options in Yosemite National Park
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite), 38.6 mi (62.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yosemite National Park
The city's cultural venues include Yosemite Visitor Center and Ansel Adams Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Washburn Point, Yosemite Valley Chapel and Swinging Bridge Picnic Area. The hiking trails and rivers highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Vernal Falls, Glacier Point and Yosemite Falls.
As you plan your trip to Yosemite National Park, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can select from 157 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Yosemite Scenic Wonders - Wawona Area is located 14.9 mi (23.9 km) from the heart of Yosemite National Park. This 3.5-star cabin in Yosemite National Park features free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and quiet location.
- Yosemite West Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from central Yosemite National Park. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star cabin in Yosemite National Park can enjoy access to free parking and an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Other favourite sights in Yosemite National Park include Yosemite Valley, El Capitan and Tunnel View. Outside the city, top places to visit include Mariposa Grove, located 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city centre, and Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, which is 27.8 mi/44.8 km away.
Dressing for Yosemite National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Yosemite National Park gets about 920 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -2°C