Search Hotels in El Portal
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting El Portal
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring El Portal, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, beautiful parks and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Around the area, top sights include El Capitan, Yosemite Valley and Yosemite Falls.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in El Portal
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in El Portal
The city's rivers, hiking trails and parks provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include Sierra National Forest. In the area, you'll also find El Capitan and Yosemite Valley.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in El Portal. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Yosemite View Lodge - This 2.5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Cedar Lodge - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool.
- Red Bud Lodge - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Yosemite Falls, located 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city centre, and Glacier Point, which is 11.8 mi/18.9 km away.
Dressing for El Portal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 19°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- El Portal gets about 750 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 35°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 4°C