Travellers to Witney give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its gardens and cafes. Blenheim Palace, Ashmolean Museum and Pitts Rivers Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodation options in Witney
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Witney
Cultural venues in the city include Cogges Manor Farm, SOTA Gallery and Oxford Bus Museum. Notable city landmarks like North Leigh Roman Villa and Devil's Quoits might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Witney Lakes Golf Course and West Witney Sports and Social Club.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Witney. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Artist Residence Oxfordshire - This 4-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Bird In Hand - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this inn. This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking.
- The Blue Boar - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Blenheim Palace, 6.6 mi/10.7 km from the city centre, and Ashmolean Museum, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Getting around Witney
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Witney Combs Station (Oxon) or Witney Hanborough Station. Witney might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Witney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Witney gets about 855 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C