Visitors to Villeurbanne are sure to enjoy the shopping and university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, sightseeing tours and gardens. Top sights around the area include Musee d'Art Contemporain, Musee Lumiere and Tete d'Or Park.
- You'll find 815 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 35.6 mi (57.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Villeurbanne
Cultural venues in the city include Transbordeur, Centre Culturel Oecumenique and Espace Tonkin. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 and Claude Bernard University. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eurexpo and Place Grand Clement.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Villeurbanne. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- NATURALBNB - 5 superbes chambres d'hôtes thématiques - With a stay at this guesthouse in Les Poulettes, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel des Congrès - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Tonkin Nord can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Styles Lyon Villeurbanne Parc de la Tête d'Or - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in La Doua can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Musee d'Art Contemporain, 2 mi/3.2 km from the city centre, and Musee Lumiere, which is 2 mi (3.3 km) away.
Getting around Villeurbanne
Take advantage of metro transport at Flachet Station, Gratte Ciel Station and Cusset Metro Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Villeurbanne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- About 811.60 millimetres of rain falls on Villeurbanne each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C