Hotels in Lyon, France
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Lyon
Lyon City Centre
Gourmet restaurants interesting history and top sights from Bellecour Square to Part Dieu Mall – discover Lyon City Centre, a destination also famous for its shopping.
4.5/5Wonderful!(28 area reviews)
If you're spending time in Old Lyon, you might enjoy attractions like Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and Lyon Cathedral. You might also enjoy the neighbourhood's ample dining options before hopping on the metro at Vieux Lyon Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(95 area reviews)
Bellecour Square and Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon are top sights in La Presqu'ile, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Ampere-Victor Hugo Station or Bellecour Station to see more sights in the area.
La Croix Rousse
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
Shopping, spas and restaurants are just a few things travellers like about La Croix Rousse. Sights like Place de la Croix Rousse and Maison des Canuts are spots to explore, and you can get around the greater Lyon area at Henon Station.
Noted for its shopping and restaurants, there's plenty to explore in 1st Arrondissement. Top attractions like Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon and Hôtel de Ville de Lyon are major draws, and you can hop on the metro at Croix Paquet Station or Hotel de Ville - Louis Pradel Station to see more of the city.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Lyon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, theatres and cathedrals. Top sights in the city include Lyon City Hall, Place des Terreaux and Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon.
- There are 814 hotels and other accommodation options in Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Saint-Etienne (EBU-Saint-Etienne - Loire Intl.), 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lyon
The city is well known for its museums and theatres, and cultural venues include Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon, Lyon Opera and Gallo-Roman Museum (Musee de la Civilization Gallo-Romaine). Families come for attractions such as Lyon Aquarium, Quai de Bondy Vaporetto Stop and Quai Tilsit Vaporetto Stop. Its cathedrals and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Place des Terreaux, Lyon Cathedral and Bellecour Square.
In Colombier-Saugnieu, there are 814 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Villa Maïa - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Lyon City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- Pavillon De La Rotonde - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a casino and a restaurant.
- Félix Dort - With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Lyon City Centre, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Lyon include Lyon City Hall, Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and Tete d'Or Park. Outside the city, top places to visit include Temple d'Auguste et de Livie, 16.8 mi/27.1 km from the city centre, and Theatre Antique, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away.
Getting around Lyon
With so many transport options, seeing Lyon is easy. Take advantage of metro transport at Hotel de Ville - Louis Pradel Station, Croix Paquet Station and Cordeliers Bourse Station. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Lyon Saint Paul Station, Lyon Perrache Station or Lyon Part-Dieu Station.
Dressing for Lyon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Lyon gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Lyon?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Lyon, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Lyon?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Lyon?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Lyon?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Lyon?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Lyon?
What's the best high-end hotel in Lyon?
What's the best boutique hotel in Lyon?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Lyon?
What's the best accommodation in Lyon that's close to historical sites?
Lyon Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Lyon by Star Rating
- Hotels near Lyon Airports
- Areas of Lyon
- Accommodation near Lyon Attractions
- More accommodation types in Lyon
- Choose Your Lyon Hotel Style
- Search Lyon Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Lyon
- Hotels Near Lyon, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends