History buffs enjoy visiting Vaxholm though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront, art and parks. Top sights around the area include Millesgarden, Djursholm Castle and Prince Eugen Waldemarsudde Museum.
- You'll find 527 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Stockholm
- The closest major airport is in Stockholm (BMA-Bromma), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stockholm (ARN-Arlanda), 22 mi (35.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vaxholm
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Vaxholm Fortress and Bogesund Castle. The city's natural beauty is on display at Stora Vartan, Grinda and Battery Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Vaxholm Ferry Quay and Galleri Lena Linderholm.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Vaxholm. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Waxholms Hotell - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Kastellet Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Grinda Wärdshus - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Millesgarden, located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Djursholm Castle, which is 8.3 mi (13.4 km) away.
Dressing for Vaxholm
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 6°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 12°C during the day and -4°C at night
- About 487.50 millimetres of rain falls on Vaxholm each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C