Travellers to Stroud give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Cheltenham Racecourse, Forest of Dean and Thornbury Castle.
- There are 69 hotels and other accommodation options in Stroud
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Birmingham (BHX), 53 mi (85.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stroud
The picturesque setting of Stratford Park and Minchinhampton Common exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cotswold Canals Trust and Museum in the Park.
Popular places to visit in the area include Cheltenham Racecourse, 13.5 mi/21.8 km from the city centre, and Forest of Dean, which is 14.8 mi (23.8 km) away.
Getting around Stroud
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Stroud Station. Stroud might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Stroud
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Stroud each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C