Visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views in Squamish, which is also known for its skiing and breweries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes.
- There are 32 hotels and other accommodation options in Squamish
- The closest major airport is in Vancouver, BC (YVR-Vancouver Intl.), 36 mi (58 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Squamish
Attractions like West Coast Railway Heritage Park and Whistle Punk Hollow Adventure Golf are fun for everyone, not just kids. The hiking trails and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Shannon Falls Provincial Park, Squamish Estuary and Brackendale Eagles Provincial Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Squamish Adventure Centre and Stawamus Chief Provincial Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 32 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Squamish. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Squamish Highlands Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- Executive Suites Hotel & Resort, Squamish - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Howe Sound Inn & Brewing Company - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Dressing for Squamish
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Average annual rainfall for Squamish is 40 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C