Visiting Southern Black Forest
Visitors to Southern Black Forest are sure to enjoy the skiing and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, sporting events and theme park. Top sights in the city include Feldberg Ski Resort, Lake Titisee and Badeparadies Schwarzwald.
- There are 621 hotels and other accommodation options in Southern Black Forest
- The closest major airport is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southern Black Forest
Cultural venues in the city include Vitra Design Museum, Gloria-Theater and Heimatmuseum Resenhof. Attractions like Badeparadies Schwarzwald, Steinwasen Park and Schauinsland Cable Car are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Schauinsland, Dom St. Blasien and St. Trudpert's Abbey.
In Hinterzarten, you'll find 621 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- DIE KRONE - Hotel Garni - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Go2Bed Weil/Basel - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Steigenberger Hotel Stadt Lörrach - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Southern Black Forest include Feldberg Ski Resort, Lake Titisee and Kaiserstuhl. Popular places to visit in the area include Beyeler Foundation, located 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Messeturm Basel, which is 23 mi/37 km away.
Getting around Southern Black Forest
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Southern Black Forest is a breeze. You can access metro transport at Zell (Wiesental) S-Bahn, Schopfheim Hausen Raitbach Station and Schopfheim Fahrnau Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Schluchsee Aha Station, Feldberg Altglashuetten-Falkau Station or Feldberg-Bärental Station.
Dressing for Southern Black Forest
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 944.10 millimetres of rain falls on Southern Black Forest each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C