Visiting Weil am Rhein
Visitors to Weil am Rhein are sure to enjoy the shopping, bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes and football games. Around the area, top sights include Beyeler Foundation, Messeturm Basel and Basler Muenster.
- You'll find 197 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Basel
- The closest major airport is in Basel (BSL-EuroAirport), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Weil am Rhein
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rhein Center is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Vitra Design Museum and Laguna Badeland.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Weil am Rhein. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Go2Bed Weil/Basel - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Best Western Hotel Dreilaenderbruecke - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Carathotel Basel - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Beyeler Foundation, located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Messeturm Basel, which is 2.4 mi/3.9 km away.
Getting around Weil am Rhein
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Weil am Rhein is easy. Nearby metro stations include Weil am Rhein Ost S-Bahn, Weil am Rhein-Pfädlistraße S-Bahn and Weil am Rhein-Gartenstadt S-Bahn. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Weil Am Rhein Station or Weil Am Rhein Haltingen Station.
Dressing for Weil am Rhein
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Weil am Rhein each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C