Hotels in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Check Freiburg im Breisgau hotel prices
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Aug 2020
Visiting Freiburg im Breisgau
History buffs will enjoy exploring Freiburg im Breisgau, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Around the area, top sights include Feldberg Ski Resort, Lake Titisee and Badeparadies Schwarzwald.
- There are 128 hotels and other accommodation options in Freiburg im Breisgau
- The closest major airport is in Colmar (CMR-Houssen), 24 mi (38.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mulhouse (MLH-EuroAirport), 31.1 mi (50 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freiburg im Breisgau
The city's cultural venues include Freiburg Concert Hall and Freiburg Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Freiburg Main Cathedral, Schlossberg, and Muensterplatz. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Freiburg and Goethe Institute.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Feldberg Ski Resort, located 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Lake Titisee, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Getting around Freiburg im Breisgau
With so many transport options, exploring Freiburg im Breisgau is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Freiburg (Hauptbahnhof), Freiburg Hospital S-Bahn and Freiburg Messe/University S-Bahn. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Freiburg (Breisgau) Central Station, Freiburg Breiburg Central Station or Freiburg-Herdern Station.
Dressing for Freiburg im Breisgau
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Freiburg im Breisgau gets about 409 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and April with an average of 6°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Freiburg im Breisgau?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Freiburg im Breisgau, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Freiburg im Breisgau?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Freiburg im Breisgau?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Freiburg im Breisgau?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Freiburg im Breisgau?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Freiburg im Breisgau?
What's the best accommodation in Freiburg im Breisgau to absorb the local history?
Where's the best place to stay for a ski holiday in Freiburg im Breisgau?
What are some hotels with pools in Freiburg im Breisgau?
Freiburg im Breisgau Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Freiburg im Breisgau by Star Rating
- Hotels near Freiburg im Breisgau Airports
- Accommodation near Freiburg im Breisgau Attractions
- More accommodation types in Freiburg im Breisgau
- Choose Your Freiburg im Breisgau Hotel Style
- Search Freiburg im Breisgau Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Freiburg im Breisgau
- Hotels Near Freiburg im Breisgau, Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends