Visitors to Southbury are sure to enjoy the sporting events, bars and restaurants. Relaxing and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 44 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Danbury
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 15 mi (24.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Southbury
The city's natural beauty is on display at Southford Falls State Park, Lake Quassapaug and Kettletown State Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Yale Bowl and East Rock Park.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
A popular place to see outside the city is Lake Compounce, 19.6 mi/31.5 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Southbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -11°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- About 43 millimetres of rain falls on Southbury each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C