Search Hotels in South Kingstown
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 16 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 25 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 9 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 10 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 7 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 21 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 25 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 31 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 22 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 27 Oct 2019
Reviewed on 27 Sep 2020
Visiting South Kingstown
Visitors to South Kingstown are sure to enjoy the beaches, university setting and restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafes and bars. Fort Adams State Park, Naval War College Museum and Touro Synagogue are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in South Kingstown
- The closest major airport is in North Kingstown, RI (NCO-Quonset State), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Kingstown
Favourite places to visit in the city include Warzone Paintball & Airsoft Park, Gilbert Stuart Birthplace and Museum and Casey Farm. Additionally, you might want to add John H. Chafee National Wildlife Refuge to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in South Kingstown. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott South Kingstown Newport Area - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Wakefield-Peacedale can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn South Kingstown (Newport Area) - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit around the area include Fort Adams State Park, 6.2 mi/10 km from the city centre, and Naval War College Museum, which is 6.7 mi (10.7 km) away.
Dressing for South Kingstown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- About 1231 millimetres of rain falls on South Kingstown each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in South Kingstown?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in South Kingstown, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for families in South Kingstown?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to South Kingstown?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in South Kingstown?
What are some hotels with pools in South Kingstown?
South Kingstown Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in South Kingstown by Star Rating
- Hotels near South Kingstown Airports
- Areas of South Kingstown
- Accommodation near South Kingstown Attractions
- More accommodation types in South Kingstown
- Choose Your South Kingstown Hotel Style
- Most Popular Hotels in South Kingstown
- Hotels Near South Kingstown, Rhode Island
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends