Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Sakura, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, restaurants and parks. This city also attracts visitors with its museums, golfing and monuments.
- There are 2 Sakura hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sakura
- Golfing is one of the top activities, whereas Sakura Country Club, Taiheiyo Club Narita Course, and Honchiba Country Club are favourite sights to visit
- National Museum of Japanese History and Kawamura Memorial DIC Museum of Art are popular cultural attractions
- Families come for attractions such as Sakura Furusato Square, Chiba Zoological Park, and Keisei Rose Garden
- Notable landmarks include Sakura Castle Park, Jugan-ji Temple, and The Hotta House
- The natural setting of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Inbanuma Sunset Hills, Inbanuma Park, and Jinbei Park
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Shisui Premium Outlets, Narita Wholesale Market and Big Hop Garden Mall
Getting around Sakura
With so many convenient transport choices, getting around Sakura is simple. Take advantage of metro transit at Yukarigaoka Station, Chiku Center Station or Koen Station. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Chiba Sakura Station, Narita Keisei-Sakura Station or Narita Keisei-Usui Station.
Staying in Sakura
For trips with large groups, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Wishton Hotel Yukari.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Wishton Hotel Yukari with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Sakura
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Sakura gets about 49 millimetres of rain per year