History buffs will enjoy a visit to Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the castle, museums and monuments. Visitors who travel to this hilly city can discover its hiking, cycling and mountains.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or
- Museums and opera are well-known in the area, and attractions include Musee d'Art Contemporain, Lyon Opera, and Lyon Museum of Fine Arts
- Notable for its castle, historic sites, UNESCO site and landmarks such as Terreaux Square, Notre Dame Basilica, and St. Jean Cathedral
- The hiking trails and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and Tete d'Or Park, Ile Barbe, and Parc de la Tête d'Or are several places worth visiting
Getting around Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or
Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or has plenty of options for transport. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or Station.
Dressing for Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Saint-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or each year