Visitors to Villefranche-sur-Saone are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops, bars and ski areas. Musee d'Art Contemporain, Tete d'Or Park and Place des Terreaux are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Villefranche-sur-Saone
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 52.6 mi (84.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Villefranche-sur-Saone
A favourite place to visit in the city is Musee Paul Dini. Additionally, in the area you'll find Musee d'Art Contemporain and Tete d'Or Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Villefranche-sur-Saone. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Hotel Plaisance - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hostellerie La Ferme du Poulet - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hotel Mercure Villefranche en Beaujolais Ici & La - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Place des Terreaux, 16.3 mi/26.2 km from the heart of the city, and Lyon City Hall, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Getting around Villefranche-sur-Saone
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Villefranche-sur-Saône Station. Villefranche-sur-Saone might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Villefranche-sur-Saone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- About 811.60 millimetres of rain falls on Villefranche-sur-Saone each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C