Visitors can enjoy all that Saint-Georges-d'Oleron has to offer including its monuments. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Tour de la Lanterne, Tour de la Chaine and Tour St. Nicolas are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 64 hotels and other accommodation options in Saint-Georges-d'Oleron
- The closest major airport is in La Rochelle (LRH-La Rochelle - Ile de Re), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Saint-Georges-d'Oleron
A couple of favourite places to visit are Fort Boyard and Bay of Biscay. In the area, you'll also find Tour de la Lanterne and Tour de la Chaine.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Tour St. Nicolas, 14.2 mi/22.9 km from the heart of the city, and La Rochelle Hotel de Ville, which is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away.
Dressing for Saint-Georges-d'Oleron
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Saint-Georges-d'Oleron each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C