Visitors to Chatelaillon-Plage are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Tour St. Nicolas, Tour de la Chaine and Tour de la Lanterne.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodation options in Chatelaillon-Plage
- The closest major airport is in La Rochelle (LRH-La Rochelle - Ile de Re), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chatelaillon-Plage
A favourite place to visit in the city is Beausejour. Additionally, in the area you'll find Tour St. Nicolas and Tour de la Chaine.
In Angoulins, you'll find 55 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel Le Rivage - Located in Quartier du Casino, this 2-star hotel room features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
- Ibis Chatelaillon Plage - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Quartier des Bouchôleurs features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Hôtel Victoria - This 2-star hotel in Quartier du Casino features free WiFi, free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Tour de la Lanterne, 6.6 mi/10.7 km from the city centre, and La Rochelle Hotel de Ville, which is 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away.
Getting around Chatelaillon-Plage
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Chatelaillon-Plage Station. Chatelaillon-Plage might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Chatelaillon-Plage
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- About 33 millimetres of rain falls on Chatelaillon-Plage each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°C