Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Saga has to offer including the theme park, waterfront and gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location. Fukuoka City Museum, Ohori Park and Fukuoka Tower are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 23 hotels and other accommodation options in Saga
- The closest major airport is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fukuoka (FUK), 21.1 mi (34 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saga
Cultural venues in the city include Saga Balloon Museum, Saga City Cultural Museum and Saga Prefectural Art Museum. Attractions like Dongurimura, Yoshinogari Park and Taradake Onsen are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Saga Castle, Chikugo River Lift Bridge and Jofuku Long Life Center.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Saga. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Furuyu Onsen Oncri - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free parking and a bar.
- Hotel New Otani Saga - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Toyoko Inn Saga Ekimae - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Saga include Tenzan Ski Resort. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Fukuoka City Museum, located 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Ohori Park, which is 19.6 mi/31.6 km away.
Getting around Saga
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Saga Station. Saga may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Saga
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Saga gets about 39 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C