Families will find kid-friendly activities in Takeo, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the theme park, natural parks, and museums. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, walkable city can discover its restaurants, shopping, and library.
- Though not directly in Takeo, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Takeo
- Popular family attractions include Mifuneyama Rakuen, Marchen Mura, and Hizen Yumekaido
- Notable for its historic sites, library, Chinatown, and landmarks such as Takeo Shrine, Koyaji Temple, and Shida-yaki Pottery Factory Museum
- The parks and glaciers highlight the natural beauty, and Maruyama Park, Todoroki-No-Taki Falls, and Asahigaoka Park are some places worth a visit
Staying in Takeo
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Central Hotel Takeo, averaging GBP 62.69 per night. Central Hotel Takeo, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Takeo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July through September averages 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 39 millimetres of rain falls on Takeo each year